Monday, July 26, 2010

Pit Bull the Rapper

First of all, I am sorry I haven't posted in a few days! I have been busy trying to get things situated for grad school and it is more difficult than I thought it would be! Plus, I went to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at Ravinia on Saturday and on Sunday I was in St. Louis. Busy Busy Busy!


Above is the Cuban American rapper Armando Christian Perez with his two "lady friends." You may be wondering why I am even wasting your time with this, but, I am because of his stage name. Armando Perez is better known as Pit Bull. I have heard about him a little bit but not much. Apparently he has a new album coming out soon but that isn't what interests me. I want to know why he came to pick his infamous stage name. So, I did some research. It honestly took awhile to find the answer to what I was looking for. I went to his official site and it said nothing about his reasoning for picking Pit Bull as his stage name. Finally, I ran across this article in the Washington Post. It's quite a long article but I skimmed through it and finally found what I was looking for...and I what I read, didn't please me.


"He attacks his work with ferocity. He dubbed himself "Pitbull" because, he says, "they bite to lock. The dog is too stupid to lose. And they're outlawed in Dade County. They're basically everything that I am. It's been a constant fight."

He gives three reasons as to why he has chosen the name Pit Bull and they are all NEGATIVE things about our loving creatures. One of the reasons is a false myth! He doesn't choose the name because Pit Bulls are dedicated and intelligent creatures, he chooses it because they are "stupid" and "outlawed." It is obvious that he is uneducated about Pit Bulls and that is really too bad. Hopefully, someday, he will learn how great these dogs really are and will support his stage name with positive responses about how loyal and intelligent the dogs are.
Source for all information: Teresa Wiltz Sunday, July 25, 2004 The Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails