Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Letter to the Pit Bull Haters

Dear Mr./Ms. Pit Bull Hater,

I'm sorry that you have such a negative view on Pit Bulls. You should meet one, I'll even let you meet mine. She is the nicest, sweetest dog I've ever known. My cocker spaniel is meaner than my Pit Bull. Hell, my CAT is meaner than my Pit Bull. I know you read all of these horror stories on the internet and hear about them on the news but if you did some more research you'd realize that Pit Bulls deal with a horrible media bias. When you are reading about a Pit Bull attacking keep in mind that another dog somewhere was attacking as well and it wasn't a Pit Bull. And no, you won't hear about it.

I am getting a little sad/frustrated with you saying that we should kill all Pit Bulls. I take it very personally because by saying that EVERY Pit Bull should be killed, you are saying mine should be. This is not acceptable to me. You don't know her. You don't know how extremely happy she makes me and other people. When she meets people she gets so excited that her whole body wiggles. I have taught her to kiss on-demand. She holds me down and licks my neck because she knows it tickles me and makes me laugh hysterically. She makes my life happy, so please don't say you want to kill her.

Some dogs attack and most of the time it can be prevented. Truth is, I think we should be worrying about other things. Like humans. Worldwide there is about 1 murder per minute. Not only is there murder, but rape, theft, and abuse. Humans are dangerous. Just because one person commits murder are you going to kill their whole family?

All I am saying is that you should go out and meet some Pit Bulls.I think that it would change your mind, I really do. You say we are in denial about Pit Bulls, the truth is it is you that is in denial. You that has the closed mind. All we want is for you to give them a CHANCE.

Please, don't be a pit bully.

5 comments:

  1. Well said- I am a new follower :)
    I am Rottie and Pit Mix. People cross the street when they see me- it's a shame cuz I am most lovable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said I could have said it better. Can not judge all dogs on a few attacks. I wouldn't give my baby boy up for the world. He is my rock and I love him to death

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much. Especially the part about the humans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. I am a new proud owner of a pitbull mix and my husband and I absolutely adore him. The doggy racism is so disheartening. It's nice to know we're not alone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails