Monday, December 27, 2010

President Obama Thanks Eagles Coach



I won't lie to you. I pay no attention to politics because I simply don't care. I know I should...but I just don't. I had no problems with President Obama until today when I read about how he called up the Eagles' Head owner, Jeffrey Lurie, and congratulated him for giving Michael Vick a second chance in the NFL. Now, I don't know about you, but I kind of thought that being the President of the United States was a busy job, a job where perhaps, you didn't have the time to call up the owner of the Eagles' and thank them for giving some scum bag, dog killing, loser a second chance at making millions of dollars. But I guess I was wrong.

You may read the article for yourself by clicking HERE.

Opinions?

3 comments:

  1. Just my opinion but... this is so disturbing that Its hard for me to believe. What a joke. The president of the United States getting involved in an issue which to my knowledge has nothing to do with politics or the country's safety or anything else the president of the freaking free world should be concerned with.

    Why on earth would he not only get involved but also endorse the continued and undeserved worshipping of a felon? If he had tortured and brutally killed children would anyone be talking about him? NO! And I know the difference between dogs and people but the type of person who can torture a defenseless dog for fun is the SAME person who can torture a child.

    I believe in second chances but there is a difference between making a mistake and having a serious and irreparable character defect. Michael Vick is a sick man and while it is no surprise that the NFL doesn't care, it is shocking that the president doesn't.

    -- Sarah and Blackie
    www.iloveabull.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your issue?

    Obama didn't call the owner to solely discuss Vick but Vick did end up being discussed in whatw as supposed to be a private conservation.

    Obama has already clarified he condemns Vick's crime but not his rehabilitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, as I said, I can't fathom how Obama even had the time to make this phone call when everything else is going on in the world. That being said, if he is going to call to congratulate someone who has body slammed, electrocuted, shot, and killed countless dogs because they are playing well in the NFL I think that he should call every criminal that has come out of jail and done well at work. Or perhaps Obama could call up and check on the Vick VICKTIMS to see how they are doing because they, they are the one's who TRULY deserve the second chance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails