Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who's to Blame?

If you are up-to-date on your Pit Bulls news, I am sure you have heard about the recent death of a 10-year-old baby in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This poor child was killed by the families Pit Bull while the baby's mother was snoozing in the other room. So, who is to blame here?

For me, I am going to have to blame most of this on the parent, and it's not just because I am a big, sappy dog-lover. Here's my reasoning(s).


  1. The mother left the child unaccompanied in the OTHER ROOM. What in God's name were you thinking lady? 
  2. According to the Chicago Tribune the dog "pushed it is self into the room," i.e. the mother left the door ajar.
  3. Maybe you're thinking to yourself: "It's the dog's fault for attacking in the first place." Think of it this way. This baby was a brand new member of the family, he/she was only 10 days old. The baby was relatively new to this dog and who knew what the dog thought of it. This is why ANY dog, from a Chihuahua to a Great Dane, should be monitored around babies.
Last but not least, a big thank you to the Chicago Trib for contributing to the Pit Bulls media bias. The URL for this story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-killerpitbull-kal,0,2606734.story

Maybe it should have read:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-irresponsiblemother-kal,0,2606734.story

3 comments:

  1. I used to have a Shih Tzu, Penny. I could NEVER trust her around a baby! She was the calmest and sweetest dog ever, but dogs' energies change around new things. Penny would get super happy and want to jump on the baby.

    I guess the diference is that a bite from a Shih Tzu wouldn't kill him/her. But, you still need to lock them in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh for good lord. YOU DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD unattended with ANY dog! Especially while you are sleeping.

    The media has my children scared to death they are going to come and take our puppy. Jaden asked me the other day why people thought Bella was bad. What do I say? I sit down with my computer and I show him blog after blog after news story about how good they are. And I tell him as long as we follow our local legislation, Bella can't be taken.

    Check out my latest post, I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented... shit like this makes my blood boil.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails