Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Michael Vick Speaks Up About Dog Wars

If you're a Pittie lover like me you are probably less than thrilled about the application Dog Wars that is being sold in the Android Market.

Apparently, if you're an ex-dogfighter, you are also less than thrilled about it. Michael Vick has released a statement about the game...
 “I’ve come to learn the hard way that dogfighting is a dead-end street.  Now, I am on the right side of this issue, and I think it’s important to send the smart message to kids, and not glorify this form of animal cruelty, even in an Android app.”
I keep reading the statement over and over again trying to figure out what my opinion is on it. Truth is, I can't decide. On one side, I suppose it is a good thing because the people who look up to him for dog fighting may take a step back and think about what they're doing. On the other side, I wonder if he really means it. It is apparent that when this youtube video was shot he didn't care one bit about what he had done. I just don't know...

What do you think?
 

3 comments:

  1. we were discussing this this morning. we can forgive him, we can just never forget him.

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying that I can forgive him when I believe he is sincerely remorseful and continually working toward this anti-cruelty message... I just don't feel ready yet!

    It does make me have more faith in the human race to see him make a statement that he wasn't court ordered to make and truly seem to be changed.

    It will take time, but my faith is being restored and he could end up being a major anti-cruelty influence in the lives of kids who look up to him and for that I am grateful to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, no one should have to "learn the hard way" that dog fighting is a stupid, heartless thing to do. Unless, of course, they are heartless and unfeeling themselves, which is a condition I don't believe can be changed.

    My opinion is that Vick is saying what he thinks he needs to say to recover his image. He sincerely wants to regain his fame and following from before that incident. As for sincerity for the rest of it, I don't believe it, and likely never will.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails