Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Reason I Haven't Been Writing

I don't know if you have noticed but I haven't been writing lately. Sometimes I stop writing because I get really busy, or just don't have time but my reason for not writing is different this time. I haven't been writing because technically, I no longer have a Pit Bull. 


My Pit Bull, Addie, belonged to me and my boyfriend but we have since broken up. He has decided that she belongs to him and I can no longer see her. I wish there was something I could do but she is registered under his name and not mine. Although he knows that I live to help this breed, and that I love Addie more than most people in my life, he has still taken her away from me. 

I thought about shutting down the blog. How could I write a blog about Pit Bulls when I don't even have one any longer? I have decided against that because even though I don't technically have a Pit Bull anymore, I still love the breed more than anything and want to do anything I can to help them. 

I miss Addie and hope I will get to see her again but I don't think I will and I cry about it nearly every day. Please forgive me for not writing, it just hurts to think about her. I will not stop helping Pit Bulls though. I love them too much and they deserve to be helped.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I cannot imagine how terrible that situation must be for you. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about your loss...and it is a loss. maybe fostering a pittie in need would help? :(

    http://maisieme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. just noticed we both live in Chicago, there is a new rescue organization called Chicago Pit Stop that saves only pitties. I know from their Facebook posts that they have been desperately in need of fosters, sometimes only for a night or two...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails