Sunday, November 13, 2011

Moving On

Nearly two years ago to the day I met a Pit Bull puppy. I never knew how much she would change my life. We (my now ex-boyfriend and I) named her Addison but called her Addie for short. I fell in love with her.

After several months with her, I started realizing the unfair circumstances that Pit Bulls go through. That's when I started becoming really interested in the breed. I started reading every pit bull article I could find and that's when I really learned about BSL, dog fighting, and the euthanasia rates of Pit Bulls. One thing I learned from Addie herself is how great Pit Bulls really are. She made me fall in love with the breed.

After all that research and the actual unfairness I saw day-to-day with Addie I realized I wanted to do anything I could to help Pit Bulls. I wanted to prove to the world that Pit Bulls are amazing animals. And that is when I decided to start this blog.

I blogged for a little over a year with Addie by my side. The first day I ever posted, I got 7 hits. A year later it was nearly 700 hits in one day. Between the time I started the blog and now, it has been read in 134 countries of the world. It's not about numbers though. I am trying to change people's bad perception of Pit Bulls. Even if I only do that for one person, it's still a success.

Now I don't blog with Addie by my side. If you are up-to-date with the blog you know that my boyfriend and I broke up and he took her. There wasn't really anything I could do. I miss her every single day. I can't tell you how many times I almost called to beg for her back. But I didn't.

I have neglected this blog because I have been grieving. Because it hurt to think about Pit Bulls when I didn't have my own anymore. Now time has passed and I am still sad about it but it's time to move on. I will never see Addie again. As much as it hurts to say that, I know it is the truth. I will always miss her and remember her.

Now that I have come to terms with my circumstances I want to return to blogging again. I truly have missed it. Just because I don't have my Pit Bull anymore, that doesn't mean I don't want to help the rest of them. So, I am returning to blogging. I am so excited to be back and start fresh.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck around and supported me through this time. I appreciate it more than you know! See you all soon! Make sure to check back this week for posts!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails