Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'd Like You to Meet

This is probably one of my favorite parts about writing this blog. I love having you all send in your Pit Bull's stories and photos. I truly think that this is a great way to introduce the world to real Pit Bulls and not just the ones they hear about in the media. 

So without further ado, I'd like you to meet...

Moose!

Let's here about Moose from his owner!
I have two wonderful pittys named Diesel and Moose. But I would like to share Moose's story with everyone. I got Moose in August 2010 and I got him LESS than 48 hours before he was to be euthanized...just for being a pit. They figured that because he has scars no one would want to adopt him. But I did. It was a random chance I took after seeing an ad on craigslist for another pitty facing the same fate but another family was already saving him. So the lady trying to get him out of this ordeal asked if i would be interested in rescuing another dog and I, of course, said sure. I drove 5 hours to pick him up having never met him or seen him other than in a picture, but the second he got in my car and sat down in the backseat, it was a done deal. He was my new buddy and there was no turning back. 


In his past life he had been chained up outside, beaten and left there until his "owner" decided she no longer wanted him around and and actually asked her vet to euthanize him just because she didnt want him anymore. It hurt me so badly to hear that someone could be so cruel. But today all he has are the physical scars, other than that he is the most loyal, gentle, friendly, and loving dog you will ever meet. His favorite pastime is playing with his other two legged best friend, my best friends 2 year old son. Whoever said pits dont belong in families is SERIOUSLY mistaken. Moose was just about to turn 4 when I got him, and he turned 5 this past september. I was originally going to just foster him to get him off the euthanasia list but I honestly couldnt see myself without that big lovable beast. I dont know what it is about pits, but once they get your heart...they leave a paw print there forever. 





1 comment:

  1. OMG! Moose is absolutely gorgeous. Bless you for saving him! Just adorable! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails